At DBurns Design, we’re an online marketing company that’s focused on delivering results for our clients. Recently, we worked with a large chemical suppliers company called Shepard Bros. They’ve been in business for over 40 years, and thought it was time to redesign their site. We realize that a business website is extremely important. It acts as a window for potential customers and says a lot about your brand.
As such, we began re-designing their site with the intention of creating something that generated more traffic from various sources. One of the secrets to this successful SEO campaign was web 2.0 link building. If you don’t know what this is, then allow us to explain things in this article. We’ll run through the importance of web 2.0 link building, along with the benefits it can bring an online marketing company looking to improve web traffic for a client. To finish off, we’ll show you how we used this technique in the Shepard Bros case.
What Is The Importance Of Web 2.0 Link Building?
Link building is one of the oldest SEO tactics around and is all to do with the concept of building backlinks to a website. The more links you have directing people back to a website, the higher it will rank. Web 2.0 link building involves building links on web 2.0 sites – these are sites set up for the sole purpose of creating user-generated content, such as various social media sites and blogging platforms.
The importance of this SEO is method is that it allows you to build links on sites with high domain authority. All web 2.0 sites have this, which means you’ll get backlinks from authority websites like Pinterest, Twitter or Facebook, etc. When a site has high authority backlinks, it will only serve to boost it up the rankings.
So, Web 2.0 link building is important as it’s one of the best ways to generate links from authority websites.
Benefits Of Web 2.0 Link Building
The key concept of web 2.0 link building is that you create your own web 2.0 sites to build links from. You can set up blogs on different platforms like WordPress or Tumblr, create unique content, and link back to the target website naturally.
There are many benefits to this strategy, and we’ve listed the key ones down below:
- Cost Effective: Web 2.0s are free for you to make, which makes this method incredibly easy on your budget. Creating a blog on a site like Tumblr doesn’t require you to spend any money, and you still get authority links because Tumblr is your host.
- Safe: Web 2.0 link building is completely safe and adheres to all of Google’s link building rules, meaning you’ll never get penalized.
- Multiple Links: Perhaps the best benefit of web 2.0 link building is that you can link to your website many times across different authority sites. You can also link to it on the same site, just in a different piece of content.
How DBurns Used Web 2.0 Link Building On Shepard Bros
As you can see, this method has lots of benefits that will help a website increase traffic. At DBurns designs, we utilized it as best as we could to help Shepard Bros develop a new and improved website. To do this, we started by structuring the Los Angeles website design so that each page targets its own set of highly relevant keywords.
Then, by using web 2.0 link building, we utilized these keywords as best as we possibly could. If each page has a set of keywords, it makes it easier to include them in content on web 2.0 sites. We slipped keywords into the content, making it look natural from a user perspective. We made sure to add a hyperlink to the keywords, thus creating high authority backlinks to the Shepard Bros website. The more links we built, the further the site rose up the rankings.
After as little as four months we saw some incredible site statistics that showed off the success of our SEO campaign:
- The number of website sessions increased by 45.08%
- The number of users increased by 18.77%
- Page views increased by 42.15%
- Session duration increased by 37.5%
- Organic website traffic increased by 29%
- Direct traffic increased by 50%
- Referral traffic increased by 85%
- Social traffic increased by 344%
While SEO is a long term strategy, it speaks volumes to the effectiveness of our work that we saw such amazing statistics after just four months. If things carry on in this vain, who knows what the stats will look like in a couple of months time.